Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Marvel Universe Movie Review!

Iron Man

   Kicking off the list of the Marvel cinematic universe is Iron Man, you know the one that started it all. This move was just bad ass all around, the cast, the story, the characters, and the CG were just amazing. Right off the bat we get a good look at Tony Stark and where he starts and what causes his change into Iron Man. I mean the fact that this movie kick started a the franchise is proof enough that its one of the best. 10/10 rating from me hands down.

The Incredible Hulk

   I am forgetting the failed attempts at him prior to this release because this one just does it right and it tied into the Avengers. Now this one I was scared it was going to be another epic failure attempt at bringing the Hulk back to the big screen. Boy was I wrong, this movie was amazing, I loved the villain, I loved the cast, the story, and action scenes are just bad ass, if you have not seen this movie you are missing out. It does seem slow at times but I can over look that in the grand picture of things. The Incredible Hulk...8/10.

Captain America : The First Avenger

  
   Here we have Captain America : The First Avenger, and as the title says he is the very first superhero in this Marvel universe. He is a super solder that was created during WW2 as a counter to Germany's attempt at making them. Needless to say they failed. This movie had a awesome tone and in my honest opinion the best of them leading into the Avengers. It really fit the timeline the cast was incredible and as a nice look into SHIELD's history and Tony Stark's father's part/place. It just tied everything together very nicely into a bow for me. I loved it, easier gets a 10/10 from me.

Thor


   Thor is a Norse mythology god that just happens not to be mythology but existence on another planet with technology so far advanced that they appear god like to us. I really enjoyed this movie, it was really slow at times and the action was in spurts BUT it really worked for this one. It was a story of a god learning what it means to truly care for others and his role as the next king of Asgard. We also get our first look at Hawk in this one, not much of a look but we do still see him nonetheless. SPOILER! -- The Scene at the end where he chooses to destroy the rainbow bridge so save a world he wanted to burn at the start...I may or may not have cried a little...and been like " Fuck yeah! You do it Thor!" to myself...all in all 9/10 on this one from me.

Iron Man 2


   As much as I loved the first Iron Man...the only reason we got #2 was to introduce one the hottest women alive as Black Widow...and boy is it worth it. It may just be me but she owns this movie, every scene she's in its all her. But all in all it did fall short for me compared to the first one, the villain seemed weak, the story just wasn't as fluid as the first. Still and awesome movie but it does't get a 10....more like a 8/10

The Avengers

   
  Finally....The Avengers! This movie made cinematic history with it's box office explosions and epic conclusion to Phase one for the Marvel Universe. This rates at my second all tine favorite comic book movie of all time under Man of Steel. Getting to see all our beloved Marvel heroes together on the screen in epic battles, witty banter, and going from not trusting each other to working together to save the planet from an invasion....HELL YEAH! This gets a easy 10/10 from me. There is nothing I did not enjoy about this movie and I am excited to see Phase 2 in the Marvel cinematic universe.

   Like what you saw here? Have comments of your own? Let me know what you got!  

No comments:

Post a Comment