Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness Review!

Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness Review!!


 "The brash James T. Kirk tries to live up to his father's legacy with Mr. Spock keeping him in check as a vengeful, time-traveling Romulan creates black holes to destroy the Federation one planet at a time."

"After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction."

   Alright, welcome to my short review of the rebooted Star Trek franchise, let me start off by saying that I am not a Trekkie or fan boy so my opinion is that of a movie goer in general.
   When I say the trailer for the first one I was kinda excited, it looked really cool and well done so when I saw it in theaters...I was not disappointed in the least. The CGI looked great, the story and characters were fun, it was just all around a good time. Seeing Kirk go from a pain in the ass trouble maker to a pain in the ass Cpt. with the Star Fleet and hating Spock to being friends by the end was...enjoyable. I did feel the villain was weak as hell though in the first one, or at least very under utilized. Other than that I liked the movie and give it a 8/10
   The Second one Into Darkness...just all round bad ass! The CGI again, was just fantastic, seeing the growth of each character from the first one to the second great because it moved forward instead of back, I always like to see that in sequels. The villain this time, Khan, was just freaking epic. Every time he was on screen I got the chills. Getting to see...


was just icing on the top in my opinion...just look at that. 
   I give Into Darkness a 8.5/10. Both movies are a great time the stories are great, the cast is amazing, the CGI is beautiful and the depth/history of the franchise probably really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment