Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (2014) Movie Review!!!

   So I dragged my little bro with me to catch the new TMNT movie opening night. Now allow me to give my thoughts!! Before I walked into the theater I had to do some serious mental preparation because this is a franchise that I grew up with and LOVE. I knew it was not going to be the same. They were going to update the characters to modern teens, alter the history to fit their vision and to top it off...Michael Bay was slightly involved...and I am not a huge Bay fan. With that said though, I thought it was a fairly solid reboot to the franchise. However, the story could of been layered better, some scenes were too long, others weren't long enough. Making certain points that they wanted you to invest in that much harder. Also the Shredder...was a very weak villain, they focused soo much on April in this adaptation that they had to add Sack's, the Shredders protege and main face to the villains in this movie. Leaving the Shredder as more of a name and giant metal suit than the bad ass we all know from past films and comics. Would I watch this movie? Yes I probably would because even though it has its faults, the new turtles were everything I wanted them to be except the lack of depth they seemed to leave out, but if you know your turtle history you'll get it. 

Now then...I give Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(2014)....
7 Fedoras out of 10!!!

   I was by no means a perfect film, but I did have a good time, there were certain aspects I did not care for, the CGI at time being one, things being over saturated/cartoonized. But I want another one and with hopes that the problems I have with this one will be addressed. What about you all? Thoughts? Agree with me or disagree I want to hear it!


No comments:

Post a Comment