Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pan, Man of Steel 2, Ant-Man, How to train your Dragon 2!

Transcendence
    "It follows Depp’s character, an artificial intelligence researcher, who may have figured out a way to upload the scope of all human intelligence and real emotions inside a sentient being. Thanks to some protests with unintended consequences, accomplishing his goal becomes very attainable, but those around him aren’t quite so sure that’s actually a good idea." So this movie has been so shrouded in mystery and rumor that until recently we were not given anything concrete. We now have a teaser trailer and plot details above. Honestly it peaked my interest I am not overly excited for it but I am interested in where this could go.

Hugh Jackman in Pan?
   There has been talk of Wolverine star Hugh Jackman being approached and considered for the role of Black Beard in the upcoming Warner Bros. adaptation of Pan. I think this could be great, Jackman has talked about wanting to get into a villainous role for awhile and Jackman as a pirate? I am sold on it, there has been no confirmation of his agreement that I know of but I think it would be great.

How to train your Dragon 2
   We got our first actual trailer for the upcoming sequel to the popular and successful How to train your Dragon movie and I have to say...I love it, getting to see Toothless again, Hiccup, and the CGI looks great.  I am excited to see this movie I hope its just as great as the first if not better.

Go Like Hell?
  According to the guardian, "Cruise is due to play American car designer Carroll Shelby in a film to be directed by Joseph Kosinski, who recently worked with Cruise on the sci-fi thriller Oblivion. It is not known who Pitt will play, but he was attached to star in the project in an earlier incarnation, according to the Hollywood Reporter, when director Michael Mann was on board." Go Like Hell covers the contest for motor-racing supremacy between the American manufacturer Ford and the Italian Ferrari team, climaxing at the 1966 Le Mans 24-Hour endurance race, at which an American car made by Ford won for the first time ever. I would like to see these two starring in a movie together again..I don't know about this movie though... after just getting Rush and now another period racing piece?

Playboy Bio-Pic?
   That's right all there is talks of a Hugh Hefner bio-pic coming to us and although he widely known for his role in the male fantasy Playboy...Hefner has been a front runner in civil rights for decades and I think with the director of Wedding Crashers attached this could turn out pretty good. If they take this bio in that kind of a direction I could really enjoy to see where this man came from. Agree? Disagree?

Ant-Man
   It has been confirmed that Paul Rudd will be our Ant-Man for the start of Marvels phase 3 cinematic universe and I love this casting. I do not know much about Ant-man as a comic character but I do know Rudd. And I love almost everything I have seen him in and think he could do a great job with this.

Batman vs Superman
   There has been talk of 3 time Oscar nominee Jouquin Phoenix taking up the facade of Lex Luthor in the upcoming Man of Steel 2/Batman vs Superman movie set to hit theaters July 2015. I like this casting, I loved him as the villain in Gladiator I think he did an amazing job and I have no doubt he could pull off a creepy genius Lex Luthor. So I am all in on this.

Man of Steel 2 Re-Write?
   Argo writer Chris Terrio has just been assigned to do some touch ups on David Goyer's Man of Steel 2 script. Which with Affleck being attached to this I am not surprised that he brought along his Oscar winning writer along and this just gives me even more hope for this movie and I can't wait for the release in 2015.

The Other Woman
   Director Nick Cassavetes is about to bring us what I think will be a great romance comedy staring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Nikki Minaj. "Diaz stars as a woman who is perfectly happy with the love life she and her boyfriend share... at least until she pays him a surprise visit and meets his unassuming wife, played by Mann. Rather than get into a Dynasty-like cat fight, the women put their heads together for some alcohol-fueled revenge planning. But then they find out that he actually has another mistress, this one played with single digit brain cells by Kate Upton. I’m pretty sure they then find out he’s cheating with other women aswell." This will by no means be overly witty with smart dialog but I think it should be amusing and enjoyable to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment